I am an interested party that has been following the developments of the Counterparty Cash (XCPC) project. IMO - The goal of activating Counterparty on Bitcoin Cash is a virtuous one that I support.
However, the leadership of Counterparty Cash (XCPC) thus far has made decisions that have decidedly harmed the project. To that end, I have resolved to create Counterparty Cash (CPC).
Unlike Counterparty Cash (XCPC), this project…
- Will Not Create a Centralized Foundation.
- Will Embrace Pseudonymous Leadership.
- Will Be Pro-Investor and Pro-Speculation.
- Will Not Use A Confusingly Similar Ticker.
- Will Be Adopt Monero-Style Governance.
- Will Grant Counterparty (XCP) holders with Counterparty Cash (CPC) at a 1-to-1 rate.
- Method: Snapshot XCP Ledger + “Claim Cash” Function (details to follow).
- Will Grant Counterparty (XCP) Asset Owners Amnesty, if they choose to migrate over.
- Method: Snapshot XCP Ledger + “Claim Asset” Function (details to follow).
Similar to Counterparty Cash (XCPC), this project…
- Will Use Bitcoin Cash.
- Will Be A New Ledger.
- Will Have A New Burn.
This will take 6-12 months to accomplish safely, anonymously, and in a way that creates space for compromise between Counterparty (XCP) and Counterparty Cash (CPC) communities. I will not promise extraordinary timelines, please watch the repo, if you wish to stay technically informed.
These are all the details I can provide for now, I will not be answering questions or providing further comments at this time, but I will monitor this thread from a safe distance. If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry.
The repository for this project is located here: https://github.com/CounterpartyCash.
If you would like to be involved, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.